Now available: Research Guide No 4
Is There a Serviceman or Woman in the Family?
This 32 page booklet in full colour guides the reader to places for finding information about service personnel from the well-known to the lesser-known local resources.
As well as describing various research centres, the guide offers information about:
- The structure of the Australian Army
- What a colour patch can tell us
- The role of women in wartime
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Places of military interest in and around Newcastle
- Looking for United Kingdom records
- A page of websites.
This well-illustrated guide is available from the Society’s rooms in Elder Street, Lambton for $12 or you can place an order by contacting our Publications Officer.